|Yes you can worship Dio.|
Gods should all be monsters, not cloud-dads or Catholic But or distant naked women. We want our naked women HERE and our gods pants-crappingly horrible. Also, god lists are boring and a waste of my time. I write a big list of gods and their imaginary feuds and traits and stuff only for someone to come in and ask "Can my cleric pray to Satan?" Of course your character can pray to Satan. "Can I worship the god of crocodiles since I have a pet crocodile?" Absolutely, we'll just make a god of crocodiles....Goes that way every time, and then when they know all the gods it's not new or scary of interesting when they run into a cult of Orcus. The dudes learned about Orcus in seminary. They've been waiting their whole life for this.
I figure that should be Plan A instead of Plan B: have your players tell you what weird god they want to worship, then write it down and add it to the canon, growing your heavens as cool stories and prophets come along. That's how these pantheons likely grew anyways, right?
Players can't come up with a god on the spot? NO PROBLEM! These are written specifically with a mind to use them for Doublecrossroads but the monstrous gods generated here could fit into most settings, or the charts could be easily modified to make them fit. Roll 4d20:
+Patrick Stuart was writing about that recently?
Also, yes, you can get "man-man-BLANK-man." That just means you worship L. Ron Hubbard or some shit.
Have trouble coming up with names for your odd god? No problem: roll 1d4+1 d20s, putting breaks wherever you feel like it:
1d12 SAMPLE ODD GODS:
- Kelde, hideous forgotten birdlord crow
- Surlo, DOUBLEHAWK Destroyer and Bringer of Utter Madness
- Kofas-Jun, forgotten snake-man from outer space
- Chuko Zeporfas, trickster reaper of golden fog
- Sha-Fas-Tan-Dam-No, gigantic insect merchant of hope
- Tanra Dam Wo, benevolent puma protector of the crossroads
- Rachuto Rato, lost giant flaming statue (How the fuck do you lose a flaming statue? CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT DURING PLAY!)
- Shachuno, shining mad statue of traders
- Lolo-Ur, mad man-eating sex ape
- Howsha, butcherous man-eating fire snake
- Fas-Jun-Por, golden griffon collector of the sky
- Tohow, cruel skeletal sex demon