Save: as Wizard
Attack: as Cleric
Advance: as Dwarf
Requirements: Wisdom 9, Strength 9, Dexterity 9
- An Unbreakable's default AC is their 1+Wisdom (for ascending) or combines their Constitution, Intellect, and Charisma bonuses rather than any bonus from Dexterity (for descending).
- A full day of disciplined concentration and rest allows them to heal 1d6 plus any bonus from Constitution. At level 4 this improves to 1d8. At level 7 this improves to 1d10. At level 10 this improves to 1d12.
- As their action in a round, if they do not move, they may act as a font of lifeforce at a touch, healing a target by as much HP as the Unbreakable is willing to sacrifice from their own HP.
- Unbreakables cannot benefit from healing conferred by spells, environmental conditions, or magic potions.
- Unbreakables may not use shields or armor.
- Unbreakables are proficient with daggers, clubs, quarterstaff.
- At level 1, an Unbreakable begins play with 100HP. This number is never modified during advancement; they are considered to gain HD until level 9 for the purposes of spell effects or class features of other types but will never have more than 100HP.
- At level 9, Unbreakables can stay awake, hold their breath, and go without food or water indefinitely. Their aging also slows to Elf speed.
- Unbreakables may advance to level 10.
I'll be honest, this is one of those ideas I enjoy not so much as an idea on its own but in the notion of getting it to table. They represent an Easy-but-less-interesting mode for low level stump grinder dungeons, in some respects, but they can still fall down an acid pit or onto a stalagmite and die. Just slower. They can still get turned into a statue or Death-Visioned. They just have a static bucket of life because they were born fonts of chi.