Monday, November 25, 2013

RPG Person Profile

I'm currently running (at home): Weird BX mashup D&D, Feng Shui, occasional weird things.

Tabletop RPGs I'm currently playing (at home) include: Nothing. Damn it.

I'm currently running (online): I don't have any open online games right now (that may change soon) but I do always have people in the above games who Skype in.

I would especially like to play/run: Some new edition D&D, some Atomic Robo, Call of Cthulhu.

...but would also try: Nobilis, Unknown Armies or something like that.

I live in: Atlanta

2 or 3 well-known RPG products other people made that I like: Deep Carbon Observatory, Planet Motherfucker/Dudes of Legend are the same book to me, ConTessa counts as a product right? Because fucking YEAH ConTessa.

2 or 3 novels I like: Catch-22, Cat's Cradle, Small Gods

2 or 3 movies I like: We're Going To Eat You, Phantom of the Paradise, Castle of Cagliostro

Best place to find me on-line: G+, this site, and maybe Skype, which I usually game through.

I will read almost anything on tabletop RPGs if it's: content or perspective I can use, historical tidbits that are interesting, and generally unique things or unique ways of presenting or looking at things. Also: tables and classes.

I really do not want to hear about Edition wars, "type" wars (story games vs OSR or whaever), industry drama, "What's good for role-playing games," and any kind of evangelism that requires you to go around slagging off on people you never met. I have religion for that if I need it in my life.

I think dead orc babies are ( circle one: funny / problematic / ....well, ok, it's complicated because....) something that probably happens in theory and it's probably not great but we can play a game about whether Dr. Evil's henchman's widow will be able to pay her mortgage now or we can play a game where beavers are worth 100 points and carry money so which one do you want to play?

I talk about RPGs on G+ and various other people's blog comments under my own name, just like when I post here.